1st Morning of Retirement




Well so far so good. Of course its only 9:22am. I have a cold and sore throat so I couldn't even hug my friends goodbye at the going away party yesterday. What sweet folks. I loved the lunch and flowers. I was feeling pretty bad but the brave souls still sat next to me at the dinner table.

I woke up this morning -still feeling sick - made a cup of coffee and got out my Bible and saw the last page I had been reading a couple of weeks ago. OK OK I haven't read my Bible for a couple of weeks but I have been reading Bible material: By This Name. Good book. Anyway...

My eyes fell to 2 Chronicles 15:2
"... The Lord is with you while you are with Him, If you seek Him, He will be found by you: but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you."

And
2 Chronicles 15:7 "But you be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!"

Oh no! I am retired does this mean I must show back up to work tomorrow? Of course not. I believe at this point in my life the only real "work" to be rewarded for is the eternal kind with eternal rewards.

I may dabble a little with paying work here and there but I feel I am retired from just making a living.... I get to infuse these days with making a life.

That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment